Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another week...


So this week was a little better with the food. I still made mistakes and slipped up a few times, but I feel like I did so less than the previous week...so progress. I made an effort to plan out my meals this week and make sure that I only pack my lunches and that's been going well, so I'm looking forwad to more progress next week.


On the workout front...that's going great! And I'm really really enjoying it. This week I've made sure to go to the gym every day (whether it's in the morning or night). My goal for next week is to up the intensity of my workouts and try to sneak in some short 20 min workouts during my lunch hour at work at least 3 days a week. I've been trying to keep my current workouts to an hour so that I don't get over zealous and do too much too soon (which has been a problem in the past). It seems to be going well and I'm always excited and looking forward to my gym time.


I'll be at my camp in New York (I volunteer at Birch Family Camp) in three and a half weeks and I've already started setting up healthy agendas for that week. I've mapped out a 1.5 mile jogging loop that I can do three days that week, and I've asked a friend to help keep me accountable by jogging with me (Thanks again, Jeff!!). When I'm not jogging, I'll be running around with 6-8 year olds so I'm sure that will substitute for other workouts. :D


Finally, in other news, my next 5K is in a week and half. I won't be running the entire thing, but I'm confident that my time will be much better than my last.


As always, thanks for following. This week I'm happy to report a loss...


Last week: 221 pounds

This week: 219.2 pounds

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME, Meg! Planning ahead is HUGE! Sounds like camp will be great for you! Planning jogging, etc. ahead of time is a great idea so that you're ready. And I have another thought on your "food issues" :) - you're good at planning ahead, right? So when you're driving home from somewhere, why don't you try taking roads that don't go past those tempting places? Even if it's the "long" way, drive that way anyway so that you aren't tempted to stop :) YAY for a loss this week!!! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete